Susan Kane, LAc., MAc., is a Licensed Acupuncturist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a Nationally Certified Diplomate in Acupuncture (NCCAOM).
I first became interested in wellness and natural health care in the mid-1970’s when there was a growth spurt of ‘alternative medicine’ in the United States. I was drawn to the practice of a healthy lifestyle through a whole foods diet based on vegetarian and macrobiotic principles, and to cultivate a healthy body and a spiritual practice through yoga and meditation. My love of learning brought me to study with many teachers who inspired me to pursue a career in health and wellness.
At the New England School of Acupuncture in Newton, Massachusetts, I studied Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) with an emphasis in Chinese Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
After graduation, I participated in an international training program in the People’s Republic of China where I completed an internship at the Su Guan Hospital in Shanghai. This provided me the opportunity to develop my diagnostic and clinical skills in a hospital setting in which hundreds of patients were treated each day. My primary teacher, Dr. Ge, was a specialist in pain management and electroacupuncture which afforded me an intensive training in that area of practice.
Upon my return from China, I became a teaching assistant to Dr. Kuen-Shii Tsay at NESA in Auricular Acupuncture and went on to teach Materials and Methods of Acupuncture, Introduction to Clinic, and Clinic Supervision.
My training in the adjunct techniques of electroacupuncture, acupressure, Hoshino Therapy, CranialSacral Therapy, and cupping allows me to bring a variety of therapeutic modalities to my work with patients. My practice style of treating one person per hour allows me the time to utilize adjunct therapies while assuring that no one is hurried through their treatment. I believe that the therapeutic strengths of acupuncture and the healing powers of the body are best brought forward in a calm and quiet environment so your experience at AAE will be one of gentle change toward wellness.
While I address a broad range of medical conditions in my practice, I specialize in the treatment of pain syndromes. Acupuncture is well-known for its effectiveness in reducing pain without the use of medication or other medical procedures such as steroid injections, nerve blocks, or surgery.
Your health is your most precious possession. It is something to be nurtured and protected throughout the different stages of your life. It means so much to me when a patient tells me how much better they are feeling, or that they were able to resume an activity that they had had to stop because of a medical problem. I appreciate the trust that you place in me as your health care provider in helping you to reach your goals and to feel your best.”
Susan Kane, L.Ac, M.Ac, Dipl. (NCCAOM)
Education & Experience
- New England School of Acupuncture, Newton, MA, Masters Degree 2001
- EastWestMed, Advanced Microcurrent Electrotherapy 2000
- New England School of Acupuncture, Newton, MA, Chinese Herbal Medicine Program 1986
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA, Emergency Medical Technician Program 1985
- Shanghai College of Traditional Medicine, International Training Program, Shanghai, PRC 1985
- New England School of Acupuncture, Newton, MA, Acupuncture Degree Program 1984
- Hoshino Therapy Clinic, Miami, FL 1979
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, BA 1975
- Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA 1971
Faculty, New England School of Acupuncture
Courses taught include “Materials and Methods of Chinese Acupuncture”, “Introduction to Clinic” and “Clinical Supervision”
- Editor, Acupuncturist Handbook, a 498-page hardcover textbook by Kuen-Shii Tsay, OMD 1993
- Author, Workbook for Materials of Methods of Chinese Acupuncture 1988
Acupuncture Arts East, Physical Therapy Department, Merrimack Medical Center on the campus of Holy Family Hospital at Merrimack Valley, Haverhill, MA
Private Practice, Susan E. Kane, LAc, MAc, 51 Edgehill Road, Haverhill, MA
Pentucket Medical Building Professional Offices, Haverhill, MA
New England School of Acupuncture Professional Clinic, Watertown, MA
- Acupuncture: An Ancient Art, A Current Perspective
- Fort Devens Medical Center, Bedford, MA. 2000
- Merrimack Valley Hospital, Pentucket Medical Association Professional Development, Haverhill, MA. 2010
- Board of Registration in Medicine, Committee on Acupuncture, MA License #99 (1987)
- NCCAOM Diplomate in Acupuncture, certification #1429 (1986)
- Team Haverhill, River Ruckus Marketing Chairperson
- HC Media, Producer
- Haverhill Community Violence Prevention Coalition, Board Member
- Haverhill Cultural Council